Easy, Fast & Affordable Plugin Customization
Making it right at the first time is not a stroke of luck, it requires an organization dedicated to producing quality results even under pressure.— Dara Duman, eMarket Design Founder
Starting December 25, 2016, all our plugins are getting upgraded to include WPAS NextGen Customization module in plugin settings. Using NextGen Customization, plugin owners can:
- Enable or disable all fields, taxonomies and relationships from backend and/or frontend
- Set slug of any entity and/or archive base slug
- Set the page template of any entity, taxonomy and/or archive page to sidebar on left, sidebar on right or no sidebar (full width)
- Hide the previous and next post links on the frontend for single posts
- Hide the page navigation links on the frontend for archive posts
- Display or hide any custom field
- Display any side bar widget on plugin pages using EMD Widget Area
- Set custom CSS rules for all plugin pages including plugin shortcodes
We plan to upgrade all of our plugins to NextGen Customization as soon as possible. If a plugin is already upgraded to this module, you will see the above info in the plugin pages.
If your customization need is more complex than the capabilities of NextGen Customization module, read on…
What you can customize
Plugin customization can be done on 3 different areas
- Look & Feel – changing layout and overall presentation of content
- Functionality – adding, deleting or modifying existing plugin functionality
- Strings – changing the field names
Plugin customization can be implemented by using 4 different methods:
- Modifying the plugin design file using WP App Studio Professional WordPress Development Platform (PaaS) ProDev Plan – affordable, monthly development plans are available (Look & Feel, Functionality, Strings)
- Adding CSS rules to your theme’s style.css file (Look & Feel)
- Modifying plugin’s layout files (Look & Feel)
- Modifying plugin’s translation files (Strings)
How you can customize
Plugin customization projects can be implemented by:
If you need a new WordPress plugin that needs be developed , please choose Consulting service.
Doing it yourself by modifying files
- Requires understanding of WordPress templating system and hierarchy
- Requires knowledge of changing required layout, css, or translation files
- Requires access to files system where WordPress and plugins are installed
- Requires maintenance of files
- All modifications must be done in your theme directory. Changing plugin source code is not allowed and results in cancellation of your support and usage license
- We do not support customization related issues
Doing it yourself using WP App Studio Platform
- You own your edition of the plugin design and make the necessary changes as you need
- You do not need to purchase any plugin. Your custom plugin code will be generated based on the design you modify
- Requires familiarity with WPAS WordPress Plugin Development concepts. Although it is not rocket science to get started, depending on your experience using a Pro level tool, you should expect a learning curve.
- Requires commitment to maintenance of your edition of the plugin.
- Requires initial investment of;
- purchasing the design of the plugin you’d like to customize – price changes depending on the plugin to be customized.
- purchasing ProDev API access – development plans are starting from $19.99/month and can be cancelled anytime. You must purchase a plan that can customize the plugin design you picked. Most Pro plugins can be customized by Developer, Business or Enterprise plans. Most community plugins can be customized by Basic or Developer plans. Ask us if you’re not sure by selecting Presale from the topic list.
- We create a new or customized design. We make the necessary changes as you need
- You do not need to purchase any plugin. Your custom plugin code will be generated based on the design we create or modify
- Does not require familiarity with WPAS WordPress Plugin Development concepts
- Does not require any purchase on your part
- Service cost changes based on the complexity of your need. We offer fixed price option.