WordPress Plugin Customizations
eMarket Design WordPress Web App ServicesEnterprise WordPress development is our specialty
Enterprise level needs require enterprise level development experience and attention to the detail. Whether you need to customize our products, create a new plugin or addon, we offer cost-effective, repeatable, high quality results for businesses each and every day. We guarantee yours will be no exception. Let’s get started.
Customization through plugin settingsYou can customize our plugins through plugin settings without modifying theme files using NextGen Customization module. Using NextGen Customization, you can:
- Enable or disable all fields, taxonomies and relationships from backend and/or frontend
- Set slug of any entity and/or archive base slug.
- Set slug of all available taxonomies
- Fully customize any form included in plugin
- Fully customize any notification emails to users or admins included in plugin
- Fully customize plugin components such as maps, calendars etc.
- Set the page template of any entity, taxonomy and/or archive page to sidebar on left, sidebar on right or no sidebar (full width)
- Hide the previous and next post links on the frontend for single posts
- Hide the page navigation links on the frontend for archive posts
- Display or hide any custom field
- Expand the scope of built-in user roles specific to your plugin.
- Display any side bar widget on plugin pages using EMD Widget Area
- Set custom CSS rules for all plugin pages including plugin shortcodes
See what you can do with NextGen Customization (the video shows Software Issue Manager Pro):
Advanced CustomizationIf your customization need is more complex than the capabilities of the current versin of NextGen Customization module, read on…
What you can customizePlugin customization can be done on 3 different areas
- Look & Feel – changing layout and overall presentation of content
- Functionality – adding, deleting or modifying existing plugin functionality
- Strings – changing the field names
Customization MethodsPlugin customization can be implemented by using 4 different methods:
- Modifying the plugin design file using WP App Studio Professional WordPress Development Platform (PaaS) ProDev Plan – affordable, monthly development plans are available (Look & Feel, Functionality, Strings)
- Adding CSS rules to your theme’s style.css file (Look & Feel)
- Modifying plugin’s layout files (Look & Feel)
- Modifying plugin’s translation files (Strings)
How you can customizePlugin customization projects can be implemented by:
- Doing it yourself
- Doing it yourself using WP App Studio
- eMarket Design WordPress Web App Development Service
Doing it yourself by modifying files
- Requires understanding of WordPress templating system and hierarchy
- Requires knowledge of changing required layout, css, or translation files
- Requires access to files system where WordPress and plugins are installed
- Requires maintenance of files
- All modifications must be done in your theme directory. Changing plugin source code is not allowed and results in cancellation of your support and usage license
- We do not support customization related issues
Doing it yourself using WP App Studio Platform
- You own your edition of the plugin design and make the necessary changes as you need
- You do not need to purchase any plugin. Your custom plugin code will be generated based on the design you modify
- Requires familiarity with WPAS WordPress Plugin Development concepts. Although it is not rocket science to get started, depending on your experience using a Pro level tool, you should expect a learning curve.
- Requires commitment to maintenance of your edition of the plugin.
- Requires initial investment of;
- purchasing the design of the plugin you’d like to customize – price changes depending on the plugin to be customized.
- purchasing ProDev API access – development plans are starting from $19.99/month and can be cancelled anytime. You must purchase a plan that can customize the plugin design you picked. Most Pro plugins can be customized by Developer, Business or Enterprise plans. Most community plugins can be customized by Basic or Developer plans. Ask us if you’re not sure by selecting Presale from the topic list.