- Search employees by names, job titles, skills, direct reports, employee numbers etc.
- Provide ability to limit access to search forms by logged-in users only
- Display featured employees, recent hires, and the current week's birthdays
- Display and search though employees using organizational chart
- Display company events by location and/or groups in their own pages and in event calendar
- Filter through employees with an advanced grid complete with searching, sorting, exporting into multiple file formats
- Showcase your employees in their own pages with a primary address map, status info and more
- Designed for intranets with no access to internet
- Sync with Microsoft Active Directory and LDAPv3 using eMD Active Directory/LDAP plugin (sold separately)
Improve your organization's internal and external communication enabling faster and easier access to employee centric information
Employees can be searched using admin area search form, frontend advanced search form, and mini search form widget available to use in the sidebar.
Responsive Frontend Advanced Search Form
- Search employees by:
- Full name - you don't need to know the whole full name, just type in first or last name, it will return matching results
- Employee job titles
- Skills they have
- Direct reports; finding her immediate manager
- Employee numbers
- Departments they belong to
- Groups they belong to
- Location they work at
- Languages they speak
- Certifications they earned
- Marital status
- Employment Type
- Custom fields can be used in search forms
- Ajax enabled with paged navigation; results displayed without loading the page
- Search using "equal", "not equal","like", "not like","begins with", "ends with" and "by word" operators
- Enable or disable ability to search on what you need. For example; you can disable search by language or groups
- Make one or more search elements required.
- Enable or disable CAPTCHA
- Adjust search element column sizes
Admin Advanced Search Form
- Filter through one or more search elements using advanced operands
- Sort, enable/disable columns, or change their display order
- Export lists to PDF or CSV
- Save most used search queries to see changes in results over time
Mini Advanced Search Form Sidebar Widget
- Search on names or emails using advanced operands
- Ajax enabled with paged navigation; results displayed on the sidebar without loading the page
- Link to the full search form available
Advanced search and mini sidebar search forms can be customized to display or hide form elements. You can Enable or disable CAPTCHA, adjust search element column sizes or make search elements required, all from plugin settings.
If you need to limit access to search forms, each search form can be made logged-in users only from plugin settings form tab. In this mode, users see frontend login and/or registration forms in the search form page if they're not logged in.
- Display your employee profiles with contact information with mailing address map, status, bio and other details.
- Visually import employee records from CSV files or export all your employee records to a CSV file to be used in other apps.
- Employees can update their own profile info without needing help from technical staff
- Employee managers can update every employee profile without needing help from technical staff
- Enable or disable sections of employee profiles from settings
- Let users focus on certain departments, groups or both by color coding employees nodes. See demo
- Organization charts can be drawn for any taxonomy as long as there is hierarchical connection between employees such as clubs or hobby groups etc.
- Clicking on an employee picture leads to the corresponding employee's profile page.
- Job titles are linked to the corresponding job title's page listing all employees who belong to that job title.
- While the organization chart shows the big picture view, employee profile pages display immediate manager and direct reports of an employee.
- If you have a large organization, you can create taxonomy based mini org charts. For example, you can create department org. charts, location based charts or a club chart. See demo
- Ability to set the level for the initial display. For example, you can start displaying only two levels and let users drill down or across. See demo
- Optionally display or hide employee photos, job title links.
- Send optional, fully customizable email notifications to employee and his/her manager on profile updates or changes
- Send optional, fully customizable email notifications to all employees when an event is created or updated
Although you may first want to slice and dice your employee list to create and display department or team employees, sometimes you should go for a lower level.
For example, you may want to create a list of employees who like to play golf, love seafood or a fan of certain team so that they can break ice and get to know each other.
Visual Shortcode Builder is the ultimate shortcode builder which can help you create simple to advanced shortcodes easily so that you do not have to be glued to the computer screen for hours.
- Store and display company events in their own pages.
- Create public or private events. Private events can only be seen by registered users.
- Event pages have a slider with navigation for multiple event images and a configurable map displaying event location.
- Stacked event view is linked to locations and groups; someone looking for a certain location can also see events as well as employees working there.
- Multi-option event calendar view with each event linking back to the corresponding event's page. Calendar supports 20 different themes to match your site's color scheme.
Display employee records in a tabular format which supports searching, sorting, enabling/disabling columns.
You can export part or all of your selected employee records to CSV, MS Word or MS Excel. Paged navigation is available for large datasets.
- Create custom fields to extend your employee or company event data
- Update or delete custom fields per employee or company event record basis
- Enable custom fields in employee search forms. Search operators are also enabled when applicable.
- Unlimited number of custom fields can be created
eMD Active Directory/LDAP plugin(sold separately) allows bulk importing and/or updating employee profile information directly from Microsoft Active Directory and LDAPv3 compatible service
By visually mapping LDAP fields to the Employee Directory fields including employee thumbs and employee to manager relationships.
Importing and/or updating of the employee to manager relationships allows creation and updating of organization charts automatically.
Display your employees in circle grid views with employee names linking the corresponding employee's profile page and job title links displaying employees with the same job title.
Custom grids can be created for specific skills, locations, groups, job titles, certifications, and departments or for combination of your choice using Visual Shortcode Builder.
You can display multiple circle grids on the same page.
eMD vCard extension (sold separately) allows saving employee profiles as vCards to your local drive. vCard is a standard business card file format.
Administrators can bulk import, export existing employee records from/to CSV files. In addition, admins can reset your employee records and start over again.
- Designed to minimize theme related conflicts
- Enable or disable any field, taxonomy or relationship from backend and/or frontend
- Comes with EMD Widget area where you can display your sidebar widgets in plugin pages
- Set plugin page templates to sidebar on left, sidebar on right or full-width without modifying your theme's template files
- Set the base slug for employees and/or events
- Enable/disable page navigation in archive/taxonomy pages
Extensive documentation on the functionality of Employee Directory Professional is accessible online. In addition, a glossary of terms, concepts, relationships is included in the "Glossary" tab of app settings in the admin area for further clarification. Click for Employee Directory Professional Documentation.
Bring your own theme
Employee Directory Professional WordPress plugin is theme agnostic. Most well-written WordPress themes can be used without making any modifications.
Translate to your own language
Employee Directory Professional WordPress plugin can be translated into any language by using your favorite .po file editor. Click for Employee Directory Professional Documentation.
Some of the organizations using Employee Directory Pro
|Groups - Taxonomy View|
|Office Locations - Taxonomy View|
|Departments - Taxonomy View|
|Languages - Taxonomy View|
|Skills - Taxonomy View|
|Certifications - Taxonomy View|
|Jobtitles - Taxonomy View|
|Single Employee - Single View|
|Archive Employee - Archive View|
|Employee Circle Grid|
|Event Locations - Taxonomy View|
|Event Groups - Taxonomy View|
|Single Event - Single View|
|Archive Events - Archive View|